Green Smoothie Bowl
If you haven’t jumped on board the smoothie bowl craze as yet, use these warm summer months to try it! Eating a smoothie with a spoon may sound a little odd, however, it offers a lot more mindfulness and satiety compared to guzzling down a smoothie the usual way! Sit down with your breakfast bowl, top it with some crunchy and colourful additions, and enjoy! This bowl packs a decent veggie punch before you even start the day plus works as the perfect recovery starter post morning session.
- 1/4 avocado
- 3 generous handfuls of baby spinach
(or kale without the stems)
- 200-250mL milk of your choice
- 1/2 zucchini
- 3-4 florets of frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 – 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries or strawberries
- 2 x tsp. of LSA OR chia seed
- 20g of vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp. of honey/maple syrup (optional)
- Optional toppings may include coconut,
extra berries, roasted nuts and/or granola
- Add all ingredients to a blender
(or jug if using a stick blender)
and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with syrup/honey and
toppings as desired.