3-Ingredient Fruit Cake
Prep Time: 5 mins + soak overnight
Cook Time: 2-2½ hours
- 600mL of chocolate flavoured milk OR iced coffee
- 1kg of mixed dried fruit
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- Place the fruit and milk in a large bowl. Cover with cling wrap and let soak in the fridge at least overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 130oC.
- If the mix is too dry after soaking, add an extra half cup of flavoured milk (or juice or tea) before adding the flour.
- Add in the flour and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased and lined cake tin (we usually use a 22cm square tin).
- Bake for 2-2.5 hours until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Once cool, cut into slices and wrap so it is easy to access on the bike. Keep in the freezer and just grab it and go as needed for training or a quick pre-training snack.